Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Florida is so hot... and not in the paris hilton way

Writing from GA, and over the next 2 weeks or so I plan on catching you up on what all has been happening with work and life, but briefly:
my son has recovered fully from the car wreck;
Boone was canceled due to lack of registrations - much more on that later;
spent last week as Guest Cook at Unistar and had a marvelous time;
currently at GA in Fort Lauderdale and going on vacation after that for a week.

It is excessively (read unnecessarily) HOT and HUMID down here and the convention center is right next to the sewage treatment plant. Despite these downfalls, I am having a good time, seeing and meeting lots of people, and looking forward to the Service of the Living Tradition tomorrow night which features our own (PSD) Reverend Victoria Safford. I am excited about this for a couple of reasons.... 1) because I got to go to White Bear UU Church (with Dee and Alice Smith) when I was on my way to Unistar and it is so beautiful and they are such a cool congregation, and 2) because I want to give this service a second chance after last year's SLT that was definitely note-worthy, but not for the right reasons. 'nuff said on that.

I plan to get my pics from my trip to Unistar up somewhere soon... some of this technology moves faster than me and I need to determine how and where to put the pics. The water in Des Moines was lapping at the edge of the interstate but I don't think my pics will do the flooding justice regarding how severe it was.

Lots of workshops I want to attend and it looks like plenty of room to get into them - unlike last year. I will try for regular updates and comments about what I attend! I am having lunch with Nick Allen tomorrow to talk about the future of youth ministry in PSD and beyond.

2 comments:

Robin Edgar said...

"It is excessively (read unnecessarily) HOT and HUMID down here and the convention center is right next to the sewage treatment plant."

What?! Yet another Unitarian*Universalist reason to boycott GA this year? ;-)

I had considered raising a bit of a stink at GA this year myself but it sounds like maybe it would have been overkill.

erectile dysfunction natural remedies said...

Great blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers? I'm hoping to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm completely overwhelmed .. Any tips? Cheers!